Home

Arctic Sea Ice - issues / Alt Energy Politics Group / Alternate Energy Resource Network - Community

Alternate Energy Resource Network - Community

Join our alternative energy + green tech community as a member or start a group and help mainstream these important technologies vital to a thriving sustainable future for the planet.

For everyone who wants to start a group, simply register and post a request in any current group and we'll set you up. You get full moderator privileges and full control of your group. We're adding polls, photo galleries and other features that will help you continue your group activities on a fast, free and stable platform. Unlimited FREE storage for files on the way. Groups focused on renewable energy, environment, climate change, alt energy diy, off grid living, tiny homes, container living, sustainable development, hydrogen+fuel cell development, electric vehicles etc and related groups are welcome here.

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-28 18:16:32

murdoch

Arctic Sea Ice - issues

With the cold weather in the US on prominent display, there were also recent stories of how unusually warm arctic air is related.

This prompted me to keep a closer eye on the arctic sea ice situation, and we now have this:

http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/charc … ice-graph/

I can't seem to find a way to upload an image to this posting function, but if we isolate on 2021 and 2018, we can see that we appear to be a day or two away from setting a calendar day record, though it's too late (we've already gone too high) to set an all-time record for "minimum maximum" for the season.

If there are any environmental journalists reading this post, I suggest that it might be worth viewing this as an under-covered (as yet) story that is sort of developing.

Last edited by murdoch (2021-02-28 18:17:23)

#2 2021-02-28 20:26:09

Tallex
Administrator

Re: Arctic Sea Ice - issues

murdoch wrote:

I can't seem to find a way to upload an image to this posting function, but if we isolate on 2021 and 2018, we can see that we appear to be a day or two away from setting a calendar day record, though it's too late (we've already gone too high) to set an all-time record for "minimum maximum" for the season.

Hi Murdoch,

We're adding OPenID soon so one login only will be needed for user to access all login sections.
For you and anyone else, for now, I would suggest you sign up and login to our video channel pages here.

http://gp.alternate-energy.net

Save your browser login creds and you'll only have to login once.

You can post videos, photos, comments there, set up your own channel and share with other users. Then if you wish you can link your channel, photo, video, article etc with users here. No other user needs to sign in to see your posts, photos, videos, etc.
Once openID is integrated all users of these groups will be able to take full advantage
of the tools available with one login.
Hope this helps for now.

Video channel pages are fully moderated and no posts are published until approved, so absolutely no spam gets through.

Board footer