Home

Rich Rebuilds (internet show) / EV-Hybrid-Alt Fuel Group / Alternate Energy Resource Network - Community

Alternate Energy Resource Network - Community

Join our alternative energy + green tech community as a member or start a group and help mainstream these important technologies vital to a thriving sustainable future for the planet.

For everyone who wants to start a group, simply register and post a request in any current group and we'll set you up. You get full moderator privileges and full control of your group. We're adding polls, photo galleries and other features that will help you continue your group activities on a fast, free and stable platform. Unlimited FREE storage for files on the way. Groups focused on renewable energy, environment, climate change, alt energy diy, off grid living, tiny homes, container living, sustainable development, hydrogen+fuel cell development, electric vehicles etc and related groups are welcome here.

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-31 17:21:42

murdoch

Rich Rebuilds (internet show)

Hi - there is an internet show called "Rich Rebuilds" that is on Patreon and youtube.

https://www.patreon.com/RichRebuilds/posts
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfV0_w … DuZT2ct4SA

The guy's name is Rich Benoit and he repairs and does performance-enhancing and other mods on electric and other vehicles including trashed Teslas.

It appears recently he is about to do something to a Mercedes FedEx delivery van, though it's not yet clear what he'll do with it, so that should be interesting.  We've talked a bit about which electrified Vans are on the horizon, and there was some news on that front this week (Musk mentioned something about electric vans).  In the meantime, I've noticed a couple of the musicians I know using some sort of Mercedes van for their own around-town music equipment/hauling, so that thought is also there.

Some of the issue still seems to be that the selection is more robust in some ways in Europe, for plug-in EV vans, but maybe that will change with Amazon and others apparently about to develop fleets of some sorts of vans, I believe.

Last edited by murdoch (2021-01-31 17:23:42)

#2 2021-01-31 19:56:53

Tallex
Administrator

Re: Rich Rebuilds (internet show)

murdoch wrote:

Hi - there is an internet show called "Rich Rebuilds" that is on Patreon and youtube.

https://www.patreon.com/RichRebuilds/posts
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfV0_w … DuZT2ct4SA

The guy's name is Rich Benoit and he repairs and does performance-enhancing and other mods on electric and other vehicles including trashed Teslas.

It appears recently he is about to do something to a Mercedes FedEx delivery van, though it's not yet clear what he'll do with it, so that should be interesting.  We've talked a bit about which electrified Vans are on the horizon, and there was some news on that front this week (Musk mentioned something about electric vans).  In the meantime, I've noticed a couple of the musicians I know using some sort of Mercedes van for their own around-town music equipment/hauling, so that thought is also there.

Some of the issue still seems to be that the selection is more robust in some ways in Europe, for plug-in EV vans, but maybe that will change with Amazon and others apparently about to develop fleets of some sorts of vans, I believe.

Good developments here. I recently posted a link or two on the White house releases on this.
I also posted this below a few months ago as a sticky topic but got no response from you.
This van (when it comes out) is a preferred choice so far as it suits all my needs perfectly.

Any comments on it?
I need more info on the company, where they are located and when available dates will be announced, supposedly 2022.

Tallex wrote:

I want to get more specs on this van but so far I really like what I see. It seems to have everything I require in a cargo van.
From hauling sometimes large stuff to an easily converted camper, without sacrificing that needed space for hauling around equipment, materials, tools,  whatever as a work vehicle.
Apparently it is only going in to production in '22 but if it lives up to expectations and includes increased range, it is the one I want and need. It has a lot of versatility.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/11 … ship-costs

Wow I love this van and the range options...and the (starting) price. I like it a lot.
Hey Murdoch, I think this is the one and I can hardly wait. Suits my needs perfectly.

Canoo's $33,000 electric delivery van aims for efficiency and ownership costs

Canoo on Thursday unveiled its second electric vehicle—a delivery van. It will enter limited production in 2022, followed by full-scale production in 2023, with a starting price of $33,000, the startup said in a press release.

The van uses the same "skateboard" platform as the people carrier Canoo unveiled late last year. The platform was always meant to support multiple body styles, with Canoo teasing a delivery van as far back as 2018, then again earlier this year.

Canoo believes the packaging efficiencies of an electric powertrain, as well as lower operating costs compared to gasoline or diesel vans, will make its delivery vehicle attractive to commercial fleets. Similar thinking has led fellow startups Rivian and Arrival, as well as established automakers like Ford and Mercedes-Benz, to develop electric vans.

Similar to internal-combustion vans, Canoo will offer low-roof and high-roof versions of its EV, dubbed MPDV1 and MPDV2, respectively. A third, larger, version called MPDV3 is on the way as well. It will also offer 40-kilowatt-hour, 60-kwh, and 80-kwh battery packs, with EPA-estimated range of 130 miles, 190 miles, and 230 miles, respectively, for the MPDV1 version.

Board footer