Pass the LEED AP BD&C Exam, Get Your Building LEED Certified, Fight Global Warming and Save Money!
LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is one of the most important trends in development and is revolutionizing the construction industry. It has gained tremendous momentum and has a profound impact on our environment.
From this book, you will learn how to:
1. Pass the LEED AP BD+C Exam.
2. Register and achieve LEED certification for a building.
3. Understand the intent of each LEED prerequisite and credit.
4. Calculate points for LEED credits.
5. Indentify the credit path, submittal requirements, synergies, possible strategies and technologies, project phase, LEED submittal phase, and responsible party for each prerequisite and credit.
6. Earn extra credit (exemplary performance) for LEED.
7. Implement the related codes and standards.
8. Obtain points for categories not yet clearly defined by the USGBC.
Most of the existing books on LEED and the LEED exams are too expensive and complicated to be practical or helpful. This guide fills in the blanks and demystifies LEED. It uncovers the secrets, codes, and jargon for LEED as well as the true meaning of "going green." It provides a solid foundation and fundamental framework for LEED. It covers every major aspect of LEED in plain and concise language, and introduces it to ordinary people. This guide is easy to carry around. You can read it whenever you have a few extra minutes.
It is an indispensable book for ordinary people, developers, brokers, contractors, administrators, architects, landscape architects, engineers, interns, drafters, designers, and other design professionals.
Gang Chen is a LEED AP BD+C and a licensed architect in California. He is also the internationally acclaimed author of other fascinating books, including: Architectural Practice Simplified, Planting Design Illustrated, and the LEED Exam Guides Series, which includes one guide book for each of the LEED exams. Visit ArchiteG.com for more information.
All Gang Chen's published books have both the printed version and the eBook version. They are available at: