Alternative Fuel and Powertrains Panel at May meeting
MPG "goes back in time to discuss the future" aboard the Queen Mary.
MPG held a panel discussion and happy hour aboard the Queen Mary in Long Beach on May 20th. Moderated by John O'Dell, Senior Editor of fuel efficiency and green vehicles at Edmunds.com, the discussion offered insight and perspective on the state of alternative fuels and powertrains.
Leading the panel discussion was John O'Dell, Edmunds.com
From biodiesel to hydrogen fuel cells to building up the EV infrastructure, much was covered by our five panelists during the hour long discussion. Each from varied backgrounds, the panelists were:
• Gilbert Castillo, Senior Manager of Alt. Vehicle and Advanced Vehicle Strategy — Hyundai Motor America
• Michael Coates, Diesel Technology Forum
• Michael Dovornay, Manager, Product Strategy — The CARLAB
• Praveen Penmetsa, CEO/Founder — Motivo Engineering
• Rick Sikes, Fleet Superintendent — City of Santa Monica
Also announced that evening was information about the All American Soap Box Derby's "Queen's Cup" coming to the Queen Mary this August 23-24. This weekend of low-speed, gravity-fueled competition will be held on a constructed ramp in the parking area which will catapult area youngsters up to 12 miles per hour, giving them their first taste of motorsports competition. After the presentation and panel discussions, the Queen Mary hosted members to happy hour hors d'oeuvres and a free tour of the ship.
Right Track Motoring