This is a modification from previous experiments. The rotor is bigger and uses powerful rare earth magnets. I built a special commutator because I wanted to use the previous proven circuits on this model but reed switches can't handle the high current and transistors only work on the negative side of the coil bank where the circuit required the switches on the positive side. So I made an adjustable commutator. One of the circuits did not work with this model so far. In fact, these magnets are so strong, that when supplied with the large current needed to get the rotor up to working speed, I believe I over-saturated the small cores of the coils.
Still more test to do on this model.
On the first half of this video the motor is running on 24 volts using this circuit,
http://www.mintakafulcrum.net/Instructionsmk4.htm which did seem to work to some degree as the motor does appear not to draw extra current under load.
I'll do more testing but I need six batteries to do this properly.
The second half of the video the motor is running from one battery bank and with no recovery circuits. The draw goes up considerably under load.