© 2016 by Chris DIYer. All rights reserved.
In this video, I show how I use Ohm's Law and online calculators to calculate wire cable loss. I run high solar panel voltages with my MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking vs Pulse Width Modulation or PWM) solar charge controllers (Midnite Solar Classics) to improve efficiency and minimize voltage drop through long PV feeder cable runs. Not all can run their systems this way (for example, using a PWM and a 12v battery bank). MPPT allows higher array volts without compromising current loss going down into a battery bank.
Disclaimer for any/all my videos:
* I will not be liable/accountable for any injuries or damage a person does with their own property/equipment/actions using my content/advice as reference.
* Use safety/common sense--consult licensed installers/electricians when working on projects and safety observers/personal protection devices.
* Consult manufacturers for proper installation, adhere to all warnings, and warranty guidelines
* All content herein is considered for entertainment/information purposes only
* ALL RIGHTS RESERVED by Chris DIYer at time/date of publishing
* Do NOT use my videos/information therein in any way without my written permission. This includes ANYTHING posted (like comments). All USA, State, Federal, Copyright, YouTube licensing, et al laws apply.
* No religious/political comments, vulgar language, personal attacks allowed
* If you don't like this Channel, videos, subscribers, viewers, content..move along.